Saturday, April 10, 2010

Introducing the Run for Grub

I'm turning my first marathon into a fundraiser for Grub Street, Inc, an independent writing school in Boston, MA.

Why?

Because every good thing in my writing life can be traced back to finding my way into a a Grub Street classroom in 2001, and I want to help pass on the welcome Grub gave me to the next generation of Grub Street writers.

My "Run for Grub" will fund a scholarship for writers who are new to Grub Streetwhether that means they're taking their first-ever Grub Street class or testing out a class in a genre that's new to them.

Follow Run For Grub!

And no, I don't have a twitter account set up for the event. Why ever not? Largely because I haven't yet been properly disabused of Twitter's complete and utter uselessness. If someone wants to try to convince my luddite alter ego about the benefits of doing fleet feet tweets, shoot me an email. But good luck luck to you. My inner luddite has all the charm of a grumpy old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment